Wednesday 22 August 2018

Club Scene Veterans

On Saturday night, the gals and I went out for a boogie in celebration of Jade's 24th birthday! It was standard procedure, 9pm pre-drinks at Jade's gaff, getting the guestlist sorted before arrival and talking about the good old days when we used to do this 5 days a week. Cuppla quick photoshoots and boomerangs, we set off for shots of patron and over-priced vodka cranberries.


We were one of the first folk there with a fashionably early arrival time of 10:30pm so it was a bit of slower burner as we were waiting for a tune that we knew to come on. "Gold digger " by Kanye West Ft Jamie Foxx is enough to get any night started .. paired with a cuppla shots of patron. 

 

The gals instantly felt a little older in the crowd but I couldn't really see it until I went to the bathroom and realised I was fixing my make up with, what can only be described as an 18 year old fetus who was complaining that she will be single forever. This hurt my soul. I wanted to give her a wee prep talk but I found myself unable to give any good solid advice as there I was 6 years older, single, drunk messaging a guy.. doesn't exactly scream "things will get better". Reflecting on it now,  I wish I had told her to never forget her self worth and stay true to herself. Ah well hen, if you're reading this there ye go!




 I guess in a way its the club circle of life. Out with old and in with the underage with fake lips. I think i'm ready to accept that my future seshies with be held in respectable mature adult venues like the Horseshoe bar and Quinn's. Home by 11 with donner, chips and sauce. HWFG. Rx 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig