Friday 7 September 2018

#RoyalBank100women event

I was very kindly invited along to the RBS event by Stripe Communications. Basically the event was about celebrating 100 years of women winning the right to vote. When I go to these events I can't help but think that us, women, are still fighting for a cause. To be listened to. To be seen as equals. To be respected in business as well as every other industry out there. I personally have been working in male dominated working environments since I was 17 (7 years) which might not seem like a long time to some but in that short space of time I have been subjected to sexist attitudes and degrading comments. I am not saying for one minute that all men act or think like this but I do believe there is a mentality amongst some men that they are the superior race and our place as women is in the home. My experience with men in the workplace and the influence of my wee maw has definitely made me the strong feminist I am today which is why I appreciate events like #royalbank100women so much more. 








It was a fanastic evening listening to Susie Cormack Bruce, Emma Gannon, Chloe Milligan , Louise Rusk and Yvonne Greeves from RBS. Talking all things impostor syndrome, the multi hyphen method, self value and self worth. Sitting listening to their stories was just incredible and truly influential career advice. Talking about going with your gut, not letting fear or intimidation hold you back from amazing opportunities and overall self development and success. I highly recommend that you check out Emma Gannon's book The Multi-Hyphen Method: The Sunday Times business bestseller ! Rx 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig