Sunday 10 May 2020

How I'm Staying Sane During Lockdown

Hello all, it's been 558 days since my last confession. 

Nah, I'm joking - it's been way longer than that! 

 It's been 558 days since my last blog and yes I am that sad that I googled it to find out.  It's bittersweet to be back writing as it's currently 01:30am in the morning and I'm only here because  I can't sleep anymore. My brain won't sleep but it will write. Weird!



Don't know about anyone else but lockdown is really starting to take it's toll on my bank account. The amount of money I've spent on ingredients for the Wagamama's recipes, baking mixes, dining tables, pouffes, and most importantly alcohol is eye watering (PS the person who is stock piling all the flour and Chambord from Tesco St Rollox, I'm coming after you!). Wowcher has also taken its fair share from my hard earned cash, so far I've purchased a cocktail kit, a pair of skipping ropes, wireless ear pods, a jigsaw of  New York and a Peppa Pig painting by numbers! All essentials of course! 




My coronavirus experience is just like the movie Eat Pray Love, that one with Julia Roberts, albeit without the size 6 figure, traveling the world and all the hot guys but apart from that it's pretty accurate. I've also taken up running after I was nominated to run a 5K for the social campaign #run5nominate5donate5, it took me 45 minutes to complete and I cried pretty much the whole way through it! I donated my fiver to Glasgow Women's Aid, an organisation who help women and young people who are suffering with domestic violence, they do hugely important work during normal times but even more so during this lockdown. 

From that nomination, I set myself a wee challenge to get my fitness up so I run 2 x 3K's a week, the goal is to complete a 3K without stopping and tears and then work my way up to a 10k without stopping and tears.  I've already hit a wee bump in the road though because I busted my knee joints due to not wearing proper running shoes. Doh! Who Knew! So my nights have consisted of me sitting with deep freeze patches on both knees. New all singing all dancing running shoes have been ordered and en route as an early birthday pressie! Thanks Mum and Dad! In the meantime, I've cut down to only running once a week with the hope of outrunning the limp by the time my new shoes arrive. 


Dress ASOS // Sandals: TEVAS 

In other news, I'm proud to announce that I have won exactly 3 general knowledge zoom quizzes over the last 7 weeks as well.. yes.. me - the gal who doesn't consider spiders animals and can't crack an egg to save her life, however on the egg point, I may not be able to crack them but I have become an absolute expert at fishing out the wee bits of shell which is NOT an easy task btw! I read a total of 5 books during the month of April, (PS you need to read/watch Normal People, it's juicy)! I have a book review blog coming on Wednesday at Noon so stay tuned for that! I have tried my hand at cooking, my famous fajitas, some of Wagamama's recipes and Just Jess Food recipes and it was all going so well and people seemed quite impressed until I tried to make pizza. I read the recipe wrong and ended up putting double the amount of vegetable oil in the dough mix, it ended up a disaster and instead of fajita pizza, I ended up having leftover spring rolls for my dinner. Safe to say I will be leaving the pizza making to the pros! Honestly, I'm like a new woman, well not completely new I still drink the same amount as before. In fact as I am the bouncer, the bar tender and the customer in Rachel's Tavern so it works out better and I can shake myself a decent cosmopolitan which has become my go to lockdown drink!  

Every day of this lockdown is getting harder and harder for me despite all the activities. There's only so many times you can watch Tiger King on Netflix, you know what I mean, Carol Baskin is a Queen though! Another special shoutout goes to all the people who have taken the time to read this blog and are sitting thinking they have learned absolutely nothing new about my life during this lockdown as I document everything on my Instagram story. I'll say sorry to disappoint but thanks for the continued support and nosiness! 

Hope my wee update brought some laughs, please remain safe and healthy! Please let me know if you enjoyed it. Please don't highlight any spelling or grammar errors either, I know there will be loads. Positive vibes only.

Lastly, I would just like to say a massive thank you to NHS Scotland, carers, police officers, firefighters, supermarket workers and all other key workers for their amazing work on the front line! Thanks for reading, Rx 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig