Tuesday 6 March 2018

Passing my driving test and making adult decisions

So 2018 is well on her way. 12 days in and what a roller coaster it's turning out to be. Big plans for this year so i just hope they all turn out well.
As i mentioned in my last post, one of the things i wanted from 2018 was to pass my driving test and FINALLY after 5 years of driving lessons, 11 attempts at my theory test and 5 attempts at my driving test...I GOT MY DRIVING LICENSE. 9th January 2018 is a date that i will cherish forever in my heart. Even though the guy wrote the wrong date on my pass certificate.. i am still buzzing!
26782451_10213598874397886_36531234_o
My advice to anyone who finds themselves in the same position right now, DO NOT GIVE UP! Its an expensive thing to get but it is so so so so worth it. I now possess the ability to drive anywhere in the world! HOW COOL IS THAT! On Saturday (tomorrow), me and my auld da are going down to the local Arnold Clark to look at cars so i've had to really look at my pennies and see if i can afford it and even though it is proving to be really expensive on a monthly basis, I cannot shake the feeling that a car will change my life.
26909123_10213598874357885_1852964454_o
It wasn't just good news for myself this week, my big sister got a promotion in her work (yayy for Sian) so she invited me and Ross down to Paesano for some celebratory pizza with her and boyfriend. So yeah, I ruined my January diet but i don't feel guilty one bit because it tasted amazing and it's been a good week for us Wright gals! Don't worry tho karma got her own back on me because as i took the first bite of my pizza - I strained the other side of my jaw joint and now i am back on a "soft diet". Ugh! After Paesano we went back to their flat for some Game of Thrones monopoly! It was such a great wee night and nice to have a night basically phone free! Although i did sneak a wee pic!
26906697_10213598875397911_1492796215_o
With one thing ticked off my 2018 list, it means i can now focus on achieving the others. The next one is "buying" a flat with my gorgeous boyfriend Ross. We have been back and forth about buying for a while. We currently live in a one bedroom flat in Partick in Glasgow's west end and having been together for about a year now. We adore the area we live in, everything is on our doorstep but the flat is just too small for us now and are pretty much bursting at the seams. So we are looking to move. We can't seem to settle on buying or renting a 2 bedroom flat. With a wee bit of research it looks like renting is proving to be the more expensive option like on a monthly basis but buying is such a big commitment! You see our dilemma! We have been viewing properties and haven't seen anything we could see ourselves set up home in! The areas we are looking at are Dennistoun and Shawlands and i know they are a nightmare for parking but we are basically looking for something very similar to what we are in right now in a cheaper area. So will keep yous posting on our wee journey.   Rx
26828012_10213598874717894_1456098403_o
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig