Thursday 8 March 2018

Spring Trends 2018

Spring has sprung. Three words everyone cannot wait to say. Whilst we wait for the sun to start shining , the daffodils to bloom and the blossom trees to blossom, let's have a look at the key trends for the coming season.

Please note all the trends listed below will be Scottish proof.

1.Trouser Suits

Erika Cavallini Spring 2018 Ready-to-Wear Collection Photos - Vogue
Erika Cavallini SS18
Michael Kors Collection Spring/Summer 2018 Ready To Wear | British Vogue
Michael Kors SS18

I have one word for this trend. YES! I absolutely adore this trend. Perfect for work, perfect an event - perfect for a dress up/dress down/ mix and match scenario. I aspire to own more trouser suits. I have one and its black. This trend is just so me and my style, so  I will deffos be getting on board with this. See below the high street versions that have caught my eye.



Trousers SOLD OUT (£40)
Suit price £80

Image 1 of LONG BLAZER from Zara
ZARA Long Blazer   £79.99
Suit price: £119.98

2. Trainers

How to re-code your autumn wardrobe according to Phoebe Philo's spring/summer style principals
Celine

Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2018 Ready-To-Wear
Louis Vuitton

Comfort is key! Finally, we no longer have to torture our feet. This trend is very tomboyish, again very masculine chic whilst being very edgy. The sporty trend took off the tail end of last year and its continuing to soar this year. I love items that can be dressed up and down so I love that big fashion brands are demonstrating how to style a comfortable and simple pair of trainers for day and night. Night?! You maybe thinking not a chance but I personally think that wearing a pair of trainers with maybe a wrap dress or tailored trousers and a simple t-shirt is definitely Friday night at the pub appropriate so hell yes I am very on board with this.


Topshop Ciara Chunky Trainers £38.00



Kurt Geiger Lassie White Low Top Trainers £69.00

3. Polka dot

Carolina Herrera Spring/Summer 2018 Ready To Wear | British Vogue
Carolina Herrera 

Alexandre Vauthier Spring/Summer 2018 Couture
Alexandre Vauthier 

My mother has always said that the Polka Dot print is timeless and how right she is. I have been wearing the polka dot print forever. It's a print that suits everyone of all shapes, sizes and ages. A simple print that can be manipulated in so many ways, ie monochrome, multi-colour, colour block. 

Topshop Spot Frill Trousers £49.00
Flounced dress - Black/Spotted - Ladies | H&M GB 2
H&M Flounced dress £39.99


4. Contrast Stitching
Ulla Johnson Spring 2018 Ready-to-Wear Collection Photos - Vogue
Ulla Johnson 
ChloƩ Spring 2018 Ready-to-Wear Collection Photos - Vogue

ChloƩ

I need to add this trend to my wardrobe. It is so retro, very 70s. The fine stitching just adds some much to what could have a been wee minimal look. I also feel like it is in-keeping with the western/cowboy trend that is starting to pop up too. I would style with this either a bold handbag and shoes or a simple pair of trainers as mentioned above for that no fuss, simply, stylish OOTD/OOTN. 
Short twill jacket - Black - Ladies | H&M GB 2
H&M Short twill jacket £29.99
Slide View: 1: UO Devon Fit + Flare Contrast Stitch Dress
Urban Outfitters Devon Fit + Flare Contrast Stitch Dress  $69.00 

5. Stripes 

House Of Holland Spring/Summer 2018 Ready-To-Wear Collection
House of Holland 
Spring/Summer 2018 Ready-To-Wear   Stine Goya
Stine Goya
Stripes. Colour blocking at it's best. I have to admit that I have only just starting wearing stripe print in last few months. I don't know why I guess I felt that it was a very bold print for me to pull off, that's different now. Recently,  I have fallen in love with retro looks particularly 70s and the 70s are making a massive come back. That House of  Holland outfit might be my fave outfit ever, its colourful but not too bold, comfortable, Summery.. ticks all my boxes for a Spring/Summer Wardrobe. 
Image 1 of TOP WITH COLOURED STRIPES from Zara


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig