Tuesday 6 March 2018

Missoula Glasgow Tasting Event

I just want to start off by saying a huge thank you to Abbie the marketing manager at Missoula Glasgow for inviting me along to the tasting event of their new menu. It was my first blogger event and it didn't disappoint.
Greeted with a prosecco reception and warm welcome from Missoula's lovely staff, me and the Geordie took our place at the table waiting for the other guests to arrive. Missoula have recently renovated and it is really chic and chilled inside.  We had the opportunity to peer at the menu and already i knew it was going to be a tough choice of what to order. The new menu has a create variety of foodie favourites as well as vegan friendly options too.
18596314_10211622545030887_650190517_o
I met some really lovely people at the event, all had  great stories and had a such a laugh with everyone. We all talked and talked and almost forgot why we were there.
To start, I ordered the southern fried chicken goujons with mango and pineapple sauce with a sticky BBQ sauce. Now, i love my chicken.. A LOT. Chicken good. Salsa good. Sauce good. I really recommend this for a starter, it was a great portion size.
18596418_10211622542990836_1726942980_o
For main, I went for my go-to, a bacon cheeseburger, everything on the menu looked amazing i genuinely could not choose so went for the auld burger. Cooked to perfection, I am one of these people that judges a good burger on it's bun, like you need a good bun on your meat or the experience is ruined, again no disappointment here! The fries were just the way i liked them, very crispy. The burger came with pickle on the side but im not a pickle kinda gal so that stayed on the plate, the rest of the meal was scranned.
18596623_10211622542950835_542224652_o
I feel like every time I look at a menu my eyes automatically go to the dessert section. Like I like to know what i'm getting for my dessert before I order my main, i'm weird.. i know dat. Anyhoo, I ordered the clotted cream cheesecake bites with raspberry coulis. They were melt in your mouth amazing.

18596187_10211622543110839_1380750382_o
After dinner, there was more alcohol on our table, from the prosecco and wine to the cocktails and shots. It was really my idea of heaven to be honest. 18596561_10211622542030812_115365744_o
Above is a miniature selection of cocktails, the family faves: mini mojito, mini cosmopolitan, mini french martini and mini bellini. How cute! Personally, cosmopolitans are my absolute fave, so i snatched that one but for those who want a wee variety, it's perfect!
All in all it was a really great night! Wined and dined and made some new friends. I could not recommend the new menu enough you really really really need to go try it all! Another massive thank you to Abbie and the Missoula team, yous were truly the perfect hosts!  I will definitely be returning for more food, more cocktails and a wee boogie in the club upstairs.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig